Ready in 45 minutes, this authentic lamb curry makes a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
* 30ml (1 1/2) tbsp vegetable oil
* 600g diced lamb fillet, trimmed
* 1 onion, thinly sliced
* 1 tbsp massaman curry paste (or 2 tbsp if you like it hot)
* 2 kaffir lime leaves
* 250ml (1 cup) Massel beef stock
* 150ml coconut cream
* 2 tsp fish sauce
* 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
* 2 Pontiac potatoes or Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
* 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas
* 2 tbsp chopped coriander
* Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
2 Method / Steps
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over high heat and brown the meat in batches, then set aside. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the onion and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste and lime leaves, and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the stock, coconut cream, fish sauce, potato and carrot. Add 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the meat and cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes. Stir in the peas and half the coriander and set aside for 2 minutes. Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with the remaining coriander.
source – cooking365.co.za
Filed Under: ENTERTAINMENT / 2 weeks ago